Saturday March 23rd, 2013
Time: 5:45 am - 10:00 pm
Place: Orpington Station (Car park)
Category: Society Outings and Trips
We have arranged to visit Jodrell Bank on Saturday, 23rd March. We are being picked up at 05.45hrs at Orpington Station car park, so people who drive to the pick up point can park their vehicles there. We will be leaving the Observatory about 16.00 hrs for the return journey home. It’s going to be a long day, but you can sleep on the coach, hopefully. Please check the forum for the latest details.
Cost: £35 per person (including entrance fee) to be paid by 28th February. If you haven’t paid by 28th February and there are places left we will offer them to members of other societies. If you can’t attend the February meeting but want to go on the visit please send your payment to the OAS Treasurer so that he will receive it before 28th February. (If you need his address, contact us via the Membership Enquiry Form giving your email address and ask for the address.)
Coach: We have booked a 39-seat coach with two drivers. The coach has a toilet on board.
- Arrive at Orpington Rail Station Car Park at 05.30 hrs for pick up at 05.45 hrs.
- The journey should take about four hours depending on road conditions etc., including a break about half-way there.
- Arrive at the Observatory about 11.00 hrs where we will be met (hopefully) by Richard Battye.
- He will then give a talk for about 45 minutes and then conduct us around parts of the Observatory.
- After that, individuals will have a chance to wander as they will, perhaps lunching in the canteen/restaurant (expensive) or I would suggest people take their own food and drinks.
- We then leave the Observatory at about 16.00 hrs, arriving home in Orpington about 22.00.hrs.